Be the future...
Taranaki, New Plymouth and the event organisers look forward to welcoming our all our School athletes to this exciting event. Racing in the shadow of a snow capped volcano, swimming on the edge of the Tasman sea, and hosted by the friendly locals...we know you will will be back for more.
Open to all NZ School Students!
Come and be part of the future.... With our partner, WIL Sports, we are all about inspiring the young talent of today to aspire to be achieve the very best they can. We all started somewhere..and this could very well be the event to get you on the road to your own star path. So come and join us...
There are medals and trophies up for grabs for both Individuals, Teams and Schools; so get a School and / or regional team together and make it a sports trip to remember...and remember everyone gets to finish on the same blue carpet as the elites (who you can watch on the Sunday)
Race to the "Blue" Carpet
With a range of events on show... there is something for all aspiring athletes. Race start is on Ngamotu Beach, with the swim in the sheltered port area, the bike and run use the paths and roads in the surrounding location.
Space for School gazebos or shelters available near VIP tent. Please ensure weighted appropriately for the wind.
|Event||Entry Fee (NZD)|
|Schools Individual Triathlon||$50 per person|
|Schools Team Tri||$70 per team|
|Team Tag Relay||$75 per team|
|T1T2 Transition Relay**||$20 per team|
|Event Dry-fit T-shirt||$40 each|
Note: Tri NZ One Day membership $5 per person or per team as appropriate if required. (excludes T1T2 Transition relay).
** This is not a championship event
Bikes must be roadworthy and meet Tri NZ rules. If you require any assistance when you arrive in New Plymouth please visit Mitchell Cycles who will be able to help you with any repairs. Tri NZ Technical Officials will check your bike complies with the Tri NZ rules on entry into transition, but this will not constitute a safety check. (See FAQ's and race brief for more detail)
Entries open now.
- Late entry fee applies from 25/03/19 - this is an additional $20 per entry ($10 per T1T2 entry)
- Athletes require Schools permission prior to entering and competing
- Event is governed by Tri NZ, if you are not a current member (usually via club) then a one-day race license must be purchased. For more details see FAQ's on member benefits.
- Age group is taken as at 1 Jan 2019, any automatically calculated on entry.
- Competitors must be 10 years or older.
- Schools may submit bulk entry (contact us for details)
- Online entries will be open until midnight 26th March. After this you can still enter the event but this must be done at registration and you will be required to pay cash.
Thank you to our NZ Schools Triathlon Championship Partners